In celebration and recognition of the birth of Abraham Lincoln, the Henry Repeating Arms Company is pleased to present the Lincoln Bicentennial Tribute Golden Boy Rifle. This rifle is produced in a limited run to commemorate one of the world’s most revered Americans.
• The Henry Repeating Rifle was chosen and licensed by the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission for several reasons. All Henry Rifles are authentically produced, assembled and engraved in The United States by American craftsmen. The Henry Rifle is known for it’s reliability, accuracy and value as well as having the smoothest engineered actions in the land. The Henry Rifle is an historic piece of Americana.
• The son of a Kentucky frontiersman, Abraham Lincoln helped his family live off the land stating, “... it was a wild region, with many bears and other wild animals still in the woods. There I grew up...”From humble, self-sufficient beginnings, he became 16th President of the United States and the man who led our country successfully through it’s greatest internal crisis.
• The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Henry Rifle commemorates not only the man, but another national treasure - the actual Henry Rifle, serial no. Six, presented to President Lincoln nearly 150 years ago. Inspired by the delicate Victorian floral bouquet pattern integrated with bold American style scrollwork originally hand cut by Samuel J. Hoggson to adorn Lincoln’s rifle, our current hand engraver Heidi Roos has produced a beautiful replica used in the production of this Tribute rifle. On the right side of receiver amidst the scroll is a cameo portrait of Abraham Lincoln and two sets of banners with the name ABRAHAM LINCOLN and BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE the words he movingly asserted as cornerstones of his Gettysburg Address.
• Into the American Walnut wooden stock a replica image of the Daniel C. French sculpture within the Lincoln Memorial is laser etched and hand painted to simulate the Georgian marble used in it’s construction. The words BICENTENNIAL EDITION 1809 – 2009 are inscribed into the right side of forearm and hand painted to match the memorial’s Indiana limestone.
• The American made Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Henry rifle pays tribute to a defender of liberty who personified honesty, integrity and hard work. We are proud that this beautiful tribute is an historic link to help renew America’s appreciation of Lincoln’s legacy.
Action type: Lever action repeater
Caliber: .22 Short, Long and Long Rifle
Capacity: 16-.22LR, 21-Short
Barrel length: 20 inches
Overall length: 38 1/2 inches
Weight: 6.75 lbs.
Stock: American Walnut
Sights: Marbles fully adjustable Semi-Buckhorn rear, with reversible white diamond insert and brass beaded front sight
Finish: Brasslite receiver, brass buttplate and blued barrel and lever